Quick reminder of a few events:
- I’ll be at Waterstones Piccadily in London on Wednesday 12th April 19:30 (so tomorrow!), in conversation with Zen Cho and Vic James. You can get tickets here (or just show up at the event and get them).
- And I’ll be attending Eastercon in Birmingham: my schedule is here
I’ve also been around the blogosphere:
- My Favorite Bit at Mary Robinette Kowal’s Blog: destroying Paris and terrible bilingual puns
- In Defence of Uncanny Punctuation at Chuck Wendig’s blog: in which I defend the King of Fruit and the King of Punctuation
- My Favourite Dragons and how I designed mine at The Book Smugglers
- Unfamiliar rooms: magic and dread in Kari Sperring’s The Grass King’s Concubine, at Tor.com
- At my blog: why likeable characters are overrated and how to design your very own character we love to hate,
- The Fallacy of Agency at Uncanny Magazine, with awesome Likhain art (aka Madeleine from The House of Binding Thorns, with silver and gold foil and all the usual Likhain prettiness, which you can see a snippet of above. Seriously. Go check the post out just for the art because it’s stunning. Likhain is a current Hugo finalist for Best Artist and deservedly so!)
- Author takeover: War of the Houses at Mugglenet (which makes me absurdly happy because Harry Potter was such a big part of my London years)
Cross-posted from Aliette de Bodard
Leave a comment at original post, or comment here.